Tuesday, October 14, 2014

That little finger...

I was making supper one evening, and I hear some music playing in Jace's room.  Jace was next to me making a mess.  So, who would be making that noise?  Carsen.  The music was coming from a book that played music when the buttons were pushed.  I stopped, thought for a second, and immediately ran to Jace's room.  I saw a tiny little finger trying so VERY hard to push those little buttons.  Carsen had just pushed a button for the first time, without hitting it with his whole hand.  I jumped up and down and screamed of excitement.  Carsen looked up and me and just smiled.  He knew I was proud of this moment.  This means so much more than pushing a button.  This means he has the capability of using communication devices, pushing buttons to make commands for him.

Since that day, he walks up to the TV, and turns is on and off.  He is so proud of himself.  The little things he had to wait to do for his whole 6 years of life, are starting to come around.  I couldn't be happier.  That little finger may be little but it is now strong and waiting to help access Carsen's wonderful mind!

1 comment:

  1. Yea Carsen!! Just when we worry that you might not do something....YOU DO IT!!! You are telling us to "Keep the faith, guys!" Your purposeful finger pointing and pushing of buttons is going to open a whole new world for all of us! Yippee!!

    ReplyDelete