Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Imitation

Last night, our night went like this...

"Carsen clap your hands!"  He clapped.

"Carsen, high five!"  He gave a high five with a smile.

"Carsen toes?"  He showed me his toes.

"Carsen, cut the pickle? Tickle Tickle."  He cut the pickle.

"Carsen, say I love You!"  He said, "aaaoooouuu"

Children start to imitate at a very young age. We have experienced Carsen imitating in small doses, then let go of the hope that he will continue because he seems to lose interest no matter how hard we try.  But then a day will come and we get it back again.  Right now, we have it all back and it feels ooohhh soooo good!

Tonight, our night went like this...

"Carsen, say hi!"  He waved...




Saying hi with one finger :)

"Carsen, say cheese!"  He smiled...


He is so beautiful to me!

Likes his fingers and toes!
 Remember this photo from 2010?  This was when Carsen and I spent literally 3-4 hours a day doing therapy.  I decided to curl my hair to be selfish.  I love this pic of us!


Now, Carsen and I are lucky if we get 30-40 mins of therapy in a week.  But the thing is, he is still progressing at his own pace.  I am getting to snuggle, love, kiss, enjoy taking him to school, seeing his arms flap in excitement when I pick him up from daycare and just enjoy being a mom.  Tonight, I started to curl my hair again and I am enjoying doing things for myself with my buddy by my side.  Literally.  :)

7 comments:

  1. So someone else is staying up late to do the whole blogging thing, too? Too funny.

    First, look how long your hair has gotten!

    Second, yay for you and Matt and Carsen! Soak up the imitating fun! What a joy that must be. He looks so happy in these photos and I still wanna know what he's thinking when he studies those fingers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's amazing that you've been able to cut back on his therapy time so much. So awesome what he's able to do now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hair looks BEAUTIFUL too! Good thing you're curling again. :) Carsen is growing up! What a change in those pictures. Beautiful family you've got there Kelly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carsen amazes me! I can't believe all of the imitating he is doing. Amazing.

    You are a great mom. I am so happy for you guys!

    And your hair is so long and cute. Love the curls.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply amazing. After years of hard work, dedication, tears of struggle and tears of joy, enjoy being Mom! God works in wonderful ways.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy Hair! Long and beautiful!

    Carsen is so amazing! He is learning so much and we are so proud of him! Keep up the good work Mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was smiling the entire time I was reading your post. Imitation is a HUGE deal and I am so excited for your family. Enjoy being 'Mom'

    ReplyDelete