Thursday, November 25, 2010

A day of THANKS!

I am so thankful for many things in my life!  My wonderful husband and I made a deal last night.  It was past 9:00 pm.  He said just go...!  I was contemplating a late night workout at the RFC.  So, I said, "If I go workout and get to bed by 11:00 pm, will you let me sleep in until 7:00 am?"  Without hesitation, he said "of course!"

SWEET!!

So, I headed to the RFC.  I was the only person working out at 10:15 pm.  THE ONLY PERSON IN TOWN!!  First of all, that made me feel like a big time loser!  But, then I thought about how thankful I was that I am able to use my ability of running to calm the stresses that are to come the next 4 days.

Needless to say, I was exhausted this morning AND Matt woke me up at 7:30 am!!!!

I am thankful for my husband,  he is my best friend and he loves me even though I have a few quirks.  (I only have a few :)

I am thankful for my amazing son.  For he is the reason I have this blog and the reason I am proud of myself today.  He keeps me going and has taught me to see life in a completely different way!  A better way!

I am thankful for our family's!  You know those few quirks I have?  Yeah, they still love me and support me through those tough days we have!  I love you all so much!

I am thankful for my nephew's Logan and Cohen, niece Brynley, baby nephew Fisher on his way, and baby Marshall on the way!  You all bring the kid out of me again!  Words can't describe how much I love each and every one of you!!

I am thankful for all my friends!  You get me through my day! I have the most amazing best friend Genie.  Yes, we even have matching bogs.  I have been blessed to gain 2 really amazing friends Cassie and Amanda.  They too know my every quirk, stress, silliness and secrets!!

I am thankful for this amazing sunshine that is coming through my house.  It is so beautiful!  It was so nice of it to highlight my dusty furniture that was just dusted 2 days ago!

Carsen and I ate breakfast (that daddy made:) and then went straight to bed and cuddled.  He snuggled right into me and had the most amazing "thank you" smile on his face.  His long lashes and beautiful colored eyes peeked at me from time to time with that smile.  I am so thankful that God blessed me with the most lovable little boy.

Happy Thanksgiving!  We have so much to be thankful for! Sometimes, it is just hard to find the time or energy to find it!  Enjoy your beautiful day! 

Off to put up the Christmas tree!!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving! Thanks for the reminder of all we have to be thankful for! :) Hope you guys have a great holiday weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good blog Kelly! I too am thankful for you (it is awesome to talk to someone who understands what you are saying!) I appreciate every quirk and craziness about you (and Cassie!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is Amanda talking about?!?!?! I don't have any quirks! ; )
    I appreciate you, too, Kelly, and am so blessed to have gained your friendship and re-kindled it with Amanda.
    I enjoyed this post! It gave me warm fuzzies...even before you mentioned me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your adorable family Kelly. I love that you blog! :)

    ReplyDelete