Friday, May 20, 2011

Heaven

With all this Rapture talk, I am starting to wonder if the rapture is really going to happen.  Not to sound, you know, crazy.  I believe that a rapture will occur SOMEDAY, but tomorrow?  Nah! 

In the past 2 weeks I have heard many people talk about their last day on earth.  What should they do?  Running a marathon their last earthly day, eating boxes of cookies, wearing something special...it has all kind of been a joke.  My mom has been talking a lot about the rapture and we have been joking about some small things that come a long with the uncertainty. 

So, tonight I was actually wondering what would I want to do on my last day on earth.  I kind of like this life and want to enjoy so many more things on this earth.  Thinking to myself...I really am not ready to go to Heaven quite yet.  I know He knows that perfect time where we leave our precious loved ones and are placed at his right hand.  I thought earth sounded so good until I was writing a thank you email to my amazing mother.  I thanked her again for watching Carsen so I was able to have some girl time with some friends and told her I would see her tomorrow in Heaven at 6:01 P.M. in the candy isle...totally joking of course, and then stated, Carsen will be running around giving hugs.    Whoa...I know.

I thought to myself, OH MY!  That is what I think Heaven will be like.  Eating candy and watching my precious little boy run and give hugs.  How I long to see him run and how I want to feel his hugs.  I know this occurs in many mom's every day life, but this would be my idea of Heaven.  Pure JOY!

I assure you, I haven't gone nuts!!  Just realize what I have to look forward to someday! 


Carsen walking in his gait trainer last summer.

1 comment:

  1. Since you guys will be a few minutes behind us in the rapture, I will meet you in the candy isle eating gummy worms and peachies! I don't think you can get a stomach ache from eating them in heaven! And I look forward to Carsen's hugs!

    ReplyDelete