Thursday, May 24, 2012

Cake Reveal!



We have been waiting for this day for a long time.  I am not talking about waiting to find out the sex of our baby, but to experience having another child in our life.  Since Carsen turned one, I was ready for the challenge of another little one.  After a few years of being extremely patient through multiple genetic tests, we decided our chances were slim.  However, the chance of another child with special needs exists because nothing could be ruled out.  We obviously got through that hurdle and moved on.  I decided a gender reveal party would be a fun way to announce our new little baby.  We are so thrilled to be going through this whole experience again, that I felt it wouldn't hurt to have a little celebration.  Besides, I was craving cake, mexican food and some time with our closest family.

Our ultrasound day came.  Matt STILL didn't want to find out.  I did, and he had no say in this decision what so ever.  I was putting my foot down for once and finding out if it was a boy or girl.  I had multiple, I mean, almost everyone say to me, "You don't want to find out, you should wait."  "Are you sure you want to find out?"  "It is the only surprise in life."  I wanted to scream at most of them and say,  "We have already gotten a big surprise in our life.  It ended up with a c-section and a diagnosis of Cerebral palsy.  It's called, I want to find out because I won't have the extra time and energy to get things ready afterwards.  Ugh!

The ultrasound tech worked for a while at finding a good picture, wrote blue or pink in the card, and I mailed it out to the famous Gloria Heieie, our 80 year old Cake lady.  

She came up with this amazing cake...



Are we going to have another little boy or a precious little girl?


Matt was thinking pink, I was for sure it would be blue.


I decorated a cake table...




The details were all blue and pink...

This cake is screaming, "CUT ME OPEN!!!"



Big brother 



Is it a boy????












Or a girl???


TEAM BLUE... includes the grandma's, 2 aunties, 2 cousins, our good friend tate, and a brother via Skype on the pink phone!!  AKA...The smart ones!!
TEAM PINK...includes two grandpa's, daddy and my bestie Genie! Better luck next time! :)
My nephew Cohen and Uncle Mark were sick...Cohen is wanting another boy cousin and mark is thinking girl!

Good friend Zach and Carsen's buddy Cooper even went all blue!!!


We had all of our family lined up and my brother next to the cake via Skype waiting to see...aww...the suspense!!!!


IT'S A BOY!!!!

Surrounded by loved ones, we are blessed!


PROUD mommy and daddy!!!


I figured it was boy...but I still cried...I am so thrilled to have another little man in my life!


Carsen wasn't sure about all the hooting and hollering!!!


My boys...I couldn't be happier!





We continue to pray for our little guy!  There are worries but mostly a lot of hope! 
 Thank goodness for little boys!  

God. IS. Good!






7 comments:

  1. Yay! We are SO excited for another nephew and cousin!! Btw...I'm glad that you found out. Having had #1 a suprise, #2 knowing but not telling people, and then #3 knowing and telling...it doesn't make the experience any less exciting or less special! We can't wait to come see your baby belly! And to see Carsen!

    Josh, Rachel, Logan, Brynley, & Cade

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT! LOVE IT! LOVE IT!! I am so thrilled for you guys! Those pictures are priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't get enough of those baby boys! So excited!

    PS I could use more of that cake. I had it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner the next day…. AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with the first comment for sure. First, we didn't know and were surprised...in far too many ways. Next, we knew and didn't "share", mainly because we wished we had been able to bond with our first baby girl knowing she was a girl since that was all the time we had. After that, we knew and told a few more people. This time around, we know and have told the world. Children hold so many more surprises than just their gender - who they are, how they laugh, how they smile....Knowing vs. not knowing a gender before birth won't change how special any of those things are. Congratulations :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats!!
    Just reading through the blog was suspenseful! Can't wait to meet this new little one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww....so sweet! You and Matt look adorable finding out as you cut the cake. What a fun celebration of new life for all of you! Another boy - how precious. I'm afraid I won't look nearly as pretty as you when I found out the gender of our baby!

    The kids and I went shopping in Brainerd this past week, and we bought your new little man a small gift. So fun to buy something that wasn't yellow! Ava and I were sorting through a rack of newborn clothes and I told Ava you were having a baby boy. She shouted out across the store to Jack who was dismantling a toy display, "HEY JACK! KELLY IS GONNA HAVE A BABY BOY!"

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look great! What a fun party and way to find out if it is a boy or girl. So thankful that God has blessed you with another baby. We are coming to MN in July - I'd love to see you!

    ReplyDelete