Monday, March 7, 2011

3 years ago...

Three years ago, tonight, I was 39 weeks gestation and routinely cleaning my house until 11:00 P.M.  I was getting ready for the arrival of our first child.  Little did I know, I was nesting.  How could I not have recognized that?  Anyway, my house was spotless so nothing else really mattered.  My head hit the pillow and the first one came.  I thought, "Okay, that was totally a braxton hicks, right?"  Five minutes later, another one. 

Me: "Umm, Matt, wake up...I have had contractions for 10 mins." 

Matt:  "Are you sure?"

Me: "Ah yeah, I'm sure, these are painful!!"

So, I get up to shower and within 15 minutes I am already rocking back and forth.  (OH GOD!!!)

Needless to say, I had spent the next 8 hours rocking with pursed lip breathing in Carsen's room, watching Matt sleep on the floor. 

My Nurse Midwife and I were talking about my unusual labor about a year ago.  She said "I still don't know why you were in so much pain."  I stated that it was probably just that he was face up.  She said, "I haven't had a delivery like you had, since, and if I had, I would have quit my job." 

After 18 hours, enough was enough, I was shot and signed myself up for a C-section.  (I told them they could kill me if they wanted :)  Something just wasn't right I kept thinking!

Three years ago today, I was able to hear him cry and finally hold him in my arms...

"It's a Boy!!"

His name is Carsen Thomas. 

I hope blood doesn't bother any of you reading this.  My favorite part of this picture is Matt squeezing my hand and trying to be behind the curtain with me, but peeking to get a good look at his little boy!


Matt was so proud to hold his little buddy that he couldn't take his eyes off him.  I, of course, am so out of it that I just kept smiling for the camera.

He had the most amazing dark, soft hair.  A whole 8 lb 5 oz!


My little angel!  I am so blessed to have Carsen in my life. 

Happy 3rd Birthday Carsen!

Mommy and Daddy love you so much!

10 comments:

  1. Love. Happy Birthday, little buddy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! I love that little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Carsen! We love you!

    Now you have to change your about me section to a "3 year old little boy"!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy happy Birthday Carsen! You are so loved!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Carsen!!! I love the photo with Matt peeking around the curtain, too! Doesn't it feel like yesterday and ages ago all at the same time?

    (On a weird side note, people must really LOVE your blog. See how early they get up to read and comment - insert arrow pointing up)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my goodness, please don't tell me that any of you are up that early?? if you are, you better have a goood reason for it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was up that early, But didn't comment that early!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was the most amazing day!! I am the proud photographer of these photos! :) I was so lucky I got to witness this miracle! Carsen is such a blessing and I love him SO MUCH!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We were all blessed this day! Happy Birthday Carsen! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow!! loved it!! Love u carsen!!!!

    ReplyDelete