Thursday, March 17, 2011

Therapy Thursday!

My alarm rings at 5:45 A.M.  I am curious as to where the night went because I feel like I have only slept an hour.  I am realizing my late evening workouts are disturbing my sleep.  I am quite certain I burn more calories at night than during the day.  Exhaustion of an early morning brings me to my feet and ready for the day!  I have my coffee in hand (with low-fat creamer and 1 tbsp of sugar, they cancel eachother out :)  I also have Carsen's camo braces, special socks, puma shoes, vitamin water and Carsen in hand.  It is 7:01 A.M.  We drive off into the dark morning and I notice slivers of sunshine trying it's hardest to peak out from the horizon.  I have a lot on my mind this morning so I am thinking a 50 min drive is exactly what I need.  Most thoughts that drift through my mind are of Matt and Carsen.  I ponder about all the little things in my life I am so grateful for.  I feel so blessed to be Carsen's Mommy.  I know I have said that in just about every other post, but I feel so priviledged to be the mother in town who has challenges and that others can see that I am not perfect, I have difficult days and I make the best of them.  The blonde and the brunette have been so much fun to get to know.  They listen to me, grieve with me and laugh with me.  Sometimes, I hate where I live.  To be honest, I think it would be so awesome to be surrounded by other kids in the same situation as Carsen.  Lately, I am realizing that he doesn't need to be like all his friends.  These adorable little munchkin's we have running around are the BEST for Carsen.  I will have to blog more on those cuties later.  I am rambling and my brain has so much to process today.  Since I am thankful for so many people, I have to mention a few of Carsen's therapist's.  Today was a short day.  He had OT first and then PT.

Carsen's OT Chrissy, working on picking up wooden cookies.  He loves to clap them together and push them around.  He has been working on putting and object into a bucket instead of only taking the object out.  No tears with this fun activity! Chrissy is great at keeping Carsen focused and challenged!

New tasks are fun for me! As I am sure they are for Carsen.  Carsen tried out the Lite Gait today for the first time.  It allows him to use partial weight and to be supported while walking on a treadmill.  I really think he is going to improve his balance and strength with this device, so I am excited. 




Carsen's PT Tasha, is helping him maintain correct positioning.  She has been with Carsen from the start of therapy and has been awesome to work with!!





Carsen is giving me the eye, I am worried he will be able to run longer than me one of these days.  I am up for the challenge!!

Thankful days are the best.

Now, a nap with Carsen would top off our day!! 

4 comments:

  1. YIPPEE, Carsen you are doing so well with your therapies and growing up to be such a good boy!!! It was fun watching you today :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at your little man on the treadmill! I love the look he's giving you... it's like he knows he's da bomb;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carsen is doing so well! Look how far he has come since this time last year...he continues to amaze me. And I really miss him!

    You are an amazing mom and the reason why Carsen has come this far (and Matt too.) Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Kelly you are blessed but then so is Carsen. You are an extraordinary mom and you love him so much! Keep going...being a mom takes time and be sure to savor every moment. Children grow up so fast!

    ReplyDelete