Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Four point!

HE DID IT!!!!!

He pushed himself up into four point ALL BY HIMSELF!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
Can you imagine the excitement?
Can you see it in my exclamation marks???  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course I didn't get a picture, but my mother as my witness, Carsen went from scooting to laying on his belly to pushing up so stinkin perfect, into four point and onto his knees.  If that doesn't make sense well....it is a task we have been working on for the last two and half years which is about 912 days.  Have you ever worked so hard on something that you spent 912 days on and then finally that task was accomplished??  It is not a miracle, it is determination from a precious little bugger.

A curious, determined little boy!  I feel like I could run a marathon I am so thrilled!

The blondie and I worked today, so the brunette watched Carsen.  She INSISTED!!  I wasn't gonna deny it either.  He got all the attention he wanted and needed!  He even got to go to Dairy Queen and eat icecream.  The only time I got to go to Dairy Queen growing up was when I was disqualified from a swim race.  They called it DQ'd from the race.  Carsen was one lucky boy.  The only thing is, I am curious as of what was in that icecream of his!  (Don't worry Amanda, it is a good thing! :)  Carsen went from crying alllllll evening last night to hyperactive happy go lucky kid.  He was so hilarious tonight that I would just stare at him scooting around in big circles, then little circles, then chasing a toy across the floor, then digging in the basket to pull out ALL of our toys and at the same time squeeling and talking Carsen talk for like 2 hours straight.  My parents and brother were entertained and I was so proud. 

What in the world got into my kid??  I think I know!  He had an amazing day!  It is so nice to see my son so happy!

Oh yeah, Carsen pushed up into four-point today!!!  I feel I have the right to brag!  :)

12 comments:

  1. This post gave me goosebumps! You DO have a right to brag and you DO have a right to be so proud of your son! Way to go Carsen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...words cannot express how proud we are of him!!!! And words cannot express how excited I am for you kel...you are the most patient and hardworking mother I have ever seen! I wish I was there to witness this HUGE feat! Way to go buddy!!!!! We love you so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was just a strawberry sundae, I promise:) I am so happy for you Kelly (and for Carsen of course.) All of your hard work paid off!

    I had so much fun with Carsen yesterday! He played like a crazy man (in a good way.) He Carsen babbled all day, non-stop. It was so adorable!

    And feel free to brag...you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How awesome!! (And definitely DQ worthy. :-) )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laughing at Lisa's commment above. She would know what it is DQ worthy! But that's another story...

    So proud of Carsen! 912 days.....wow...I love you how know that's how long it took. You never gave up (even if you felt like it), he never gave up, and LOOK! What a testimony to the value of consistency and determination.

    And I'm jealous. I wanna watch Carsen and get him all hopped up on ice cream. Let's just all switch kids for a day. At the very least, we MUST have a playdate soon

    ReplyDelete
  6. confusing typo above.....while I do love you....I meant to say "I love how you know"

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY Carsen! Life is not easy for you but you are such a determined little man! Your Mommy and Daddy totally deserve to be proud.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Way to go Carsen! Kelly, I think you deserve a DQ

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay!!! So proud for Carson!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yippee!!!!!!!! I am so proud of you :) Keep up the great work!!! What's next Carsen? Furniture walking?????

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good job, Carsen!!! 912 days. Wow! That IS determination! Good job, Mommy, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. YAY Carsen! :) How exciting!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete