Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Summer Therapy

The fields around us are still.  The farmers have completed the planting and are now waiting.  Every year, I try to learn more about farming.  It is so embarrassing to be sitting at the lunch table, across from the wife of a farmer, and nod my head like I understand what she is talking about.  I really don't understand their lingo.  So, I am starting to pay attention to what these hard working farmers are up to.  I noticed the corn was already a good 6 inches tall when I ran my country route last night.  Does that mean that it will be knee high by the 4th of July?  That is only 2 weeks away! I thought to myself, I better get going on this pool therapy and therapeutic horse back riding.  I have been wanting to fill Carsen's schedule with fun stuff.  It has just been too cold for swimming and not enough time for driving 1 1/2 hrs away to ride scary horse's!  I want to update all of Carsen's blog readers to what he has been up to in his therapy sessions.  All of the DCH therapist's cringe when they see me walk in with my big, fat camera.  They just KNOW it is the day their faces may be plastered on this blog!  I waited until they would least expect it!  I really don't mean to harass them, I want to give them credit for all the work they put towards Carsen.  They are all truly dedicated staff and show us so much patience.  I learn by watching them talk to him or move his body a certain way.  I am constantly taking in any tips I can get!

Carsen likes to get his braces and shoes on!

Yes, early morning, 8 AM therapy session!

Ready to be pushed!

Getting ready to walk on the lite gait!  Super cool new device!

He thinks this is pretty cool because he gets to watch tv!

Tasha one of his PT's, is great at always finding a new task, keeping it tolerable and she even sings to him!

Working with Kristin, one of his Speech therapists.  He loves the new pig!

He loves to read books.  She is helping him learn to push the bottom.  He is usually pretty quiet when it comes to speech time!  Kristen is so good at keeping Carsen entertained for every single minute.  She is great at educating me and making sure Carsen is happy!

Bubbles!! Yes, this is therapy!

I utilize our in-between session time.  So, we walk with their adorable walker.

He actually doesn't mind one bit!

Sonia, one of the OT's, is helping him use his tiny hands and fingers to lift the ball up and put it in the right spot.  We were so proud because he actually did it all by himself a few times.  It was a very good session! Sonia is always bringing new toys out and making sure he isn't bored.

Terrible picture, but the point is, he is clapping "more" for the ball AND grandma came to watch!

Carsen riding REX for the first time and loved most of it!

He was so brave on that horse.  I was so proud!

He will ride for 30 mins and by the end he is exhausted and his core is worked to the max! Awesome stuff!


YEE-HAW!


2 comments:

  1. I love seeing all of these pictures since I can't be there all the time! He amazes me!!! I wish I had that determination and hard work ethic!
    I am so lucky I got to be there for the horse therapy! He was sooo brave!!
    Love to my little hero!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did horse therapy already this year?!?!! Yay! I'm glad you made it up there! And such great pics! So cool to see a little bit of what you both do at ALL those appointments.

    Kudos to all his therapists! Kudos to you! Boxes of Kudos to Carsen!

    ReplyDelete