Saturday, April 21, 2012

DIY Reupholstery

I am obsessed with DIY projects!  The only problem is...I can't do them.

So, I am on a hunt for something really cool.  I head uptown (Morris.) You got it! I knew I was gonna find something.  I was looking for a really cool, old, wooden chair to use for a photoshoot tomorrow.  I could see it now.  I wanted to spray paint it turquoise, for real!  As I entered "Pearls on the Prairie," I was reminded by the odor of antiques.  Walking cautiously through the store, reminding myself I am OCD and don't like stuff...everywhere, I was hoping to find that chair.  I didn't find the chair I wanted.  Instead I found this cute little thing.


Instead, it was painted white and I am hopeful it will be a perfect prop.

And then I saw it!  A large slab of fabric with a piece of tape the read, "5 yards!"  My eyes lit up and I was about to scream!  This fabric was perfect!  And even better, everything in the store was 70% off!  

You wonder why I would want this fabric.

My lovely brother moves too much and passed along his cute little chaise lounger to my sister.  I was happy to find out that she didn't have the need for it anymore.  Score, a free chaise lounge with a ridiculously, hideous fabric.  I have dreamed to reupholster it for the past 2 months but didn't want to spend the money on the fabric.  After waiting patiently, I am thankful for a 70% off sale in town to help me come closer to finishing my first DIY project!

It was a project my mom and I were going to work on today.  I am confident she could have done it without me there.  Matt took over.  I think he secretly likes to reupholster.  So, I let him take control.



BEFORE:



Matt spray painted the legs black and nailed away...


Love the texture...


And, so thankful for a handy husband...




AFTER:


I can't wait to find a spot for it in my house!!  The best part...it only cost me $11.70.


7 comments:

  1. LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS I like the picture of Matt nailing the fabric… His finger is WHITE from pushing so hard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love is not even the word for it! Amazing! I love DIY too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WHOA!! Wish I didn't let you have that! But, i don't have your vision or DIY motivation so props to you! It is the cutest chair ever!! (Ryan might just want that back)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The little white chair will be a fabulous prop, but your re-do of the chaise is unbelievably gorgeous. It is just soooo KELLY! (and hello it even matches your blog)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! The chair is so beautiful! And what a great deal on that fabric......every now and then it is fun to walk through antique stores, but they make me feel......anxious or something.....

    I love it when husbands help our silly little projects! Matt did a really nice job.

    ReplyDelete