Wednesday, April 18, 2012

You will thank me Later!

Carsen has been sick for the past 4 days, nothing serious.  Just can't get him to sleep or eat.  I am so fed up with trying to feed him healthy food that I figured he needed something with some bulk to it.  No, I am not talking about zucchini muffins with whole wheat flour and flax seed.  I am talking about the most ooey gooey caramel rolls!!!  I was so glad I pinned the recipe on pinterest yesterday!


I propped Carsen in his chair, in front of cartoons and decided that if he wasn't crying for 30 mins than he was happier and I wasn't ruining my child.

Mini Caramel Rolls...

Melt the butter, brown sugar, corn syrup and milk in saucepan, pour into pie dish...


Roll the Cresent Rolls out and split into four rectangles.  Patch the creases, sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar...


Roll....


Cut into 1 inch slices...


Place in caramel mixture...


Yes, he has his feet up on the couch at this point...



And is smiling...


Bake 10 mins so they are still gooey in the middle...


Flip em over...


The most perfect mini Caramel rolls I have ever had!! Not to mention, the kid that won't eat, ate about half the pan.  I knew it would work!  (Except I at the other half...oops!)


Ingredients

  • 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/3 cup butter, cubed
  • 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons 2% milk
  • 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
  • 2 teaspoons sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Directions

  • In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter, corn syrup and milk. Cook and stir over medium heat until butter is melted and sugar is dissolved. Pour into a greased 9-in. pie plate; set aside.
  • Separate crescent dough into four rectangles; gently press perforations to seal. In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle evenly over rectangles. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seams to seal.
  • Cut each into nine slices; place cut side down in prepared pie plate. Bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pie plate for 1 minute before inverting onto a serving plate. Yield: 12 servings.

2 comments:

  1. Trying to catch up on blogs (since CALS is over.)

    I have to say that I love your last several blogs! I couldn't help but smile thru the last pictures that you have posted on you previous blogs... I am insanely proud of you!

    And these caramel rolls--- they look crazy delicious! I might have to make them next time we do coffee:)

    You once again amaze me on how good of a mom you are. You and Matt are excellent parents.

    Thanks for sharing all of this with us!!!

    (Have you considered starting a photography blog? Just a thought;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Kids and mommy need a free day.

    ReplyDelete