Sunday, October 24, 2010

Eventful day!

We had an awesome weekend at home!  Carsen's room went from boring tan to a very bold blue and grey.  The room makeover was fun, but boy am I glad we are finished!


Before
 Bye, Bye crib :)


After

 Carsen and Matt trying out his new bed!





Curtains and decorations coming soon!!

Now, I didn't get a picture of Carsen doing his "workout" this evening.  But,  I am not kidding, he CRAWLED a couple of little baby crawls.  Didn't expect that did ya?  Me neither!  We have been working on 4 point positioning to strengthen his upper body for well over a year now.  He is so so so so so close to crawling.  This doesn't mean he will crawling all over the place by next week.  Just thought I would update that we are getting closer.  
Also, we went over to our friend's house tonight to watch the Vikings.  I really didn't watch the game much because I had too much fun playing with the kids!  I just have to say, it is such a blessing to watch the typical development of kids.  It is so amazing how fast they learn and pick up on things!   Carsen enjoyed scooting around and playing with new toys and the kitty! 
What a great weekend!  Just wanted to update on the random's of our life!


10 comments:

  1. Carsen you are SO BIG!!! And your room looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love his room! It turned out very nice. I can't believe he crawled a little. That is awesome! Good work mama:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Carsen! The room looks great guys! I can't wait to see it in person!

    ReplyDelete
  4. His bedroom is stunning! What a lucky boy! The nautical theme is totally awesome. Where did you find that boat bed? And thanks for what you said about your gratitude for watching typically-developing kids. I have a loooooong way to go with that. Still working on shedding the normal-kid envy. It's such a tough attitude to break for me. You're an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so proud of Carsen's BIG BOY bed and room. Great job Kel and Matt!!! It looks amazing!!!!!!!!!!! CARSEN you amaze me each day. I am soooooooooo PROUD of you!!! Love you little monkey!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the room... great job!! I'm sure a kitty would LOVE to cuddle on the boat bed... just sayin'... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The room looks great - very fresh and clean! And so happy for all 3 of you with the prospects of crawling!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job Carsen on the 4-point little crawls!!! I love your new room as well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable... Kelly, you are hired to decorate my house anytime! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is an awesome sight and story
    Really well done and very humbling to view and share

    Neat boat bed!
    God bless Carsen
    Love Tim

    ReplyDelete